Link : http://taganrogcity.com/artcontest2020.html
The Taganrog Local Government is inviting you to take part in the International Children’s Art Contest “Anton Chekhov and Characters of his Works” to be held in his home city Taganrog in May 2020.
The International Children’s Art Competition “Anton Chekhov and Characters of his Works” will be held for the tenth time in Taganrog and is dedicated to Anton Chekhov‘s 160th birth anniversary. The first competition was held in 2004 during the 100th Anniversary of author’s death and brought together over 200 artworks from 14 cities of Russia, Ukraine and Byelorussia.
Since 2007 it has been held biannually and so far brought together artworks from 46 foreign countries: Abkhazia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Byelorussia, China (P.R.C., Hongkong and Taiwan), Croatia, Estonia, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Peru, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sri-Lanka, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Transnistria, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, USA, Vietnam.
- Rostov Oblast Ministry of Culture;
- Taganrog Arts and Culture Council;
- Taganrog Local Government, Foreign Relations Office;
- Department of Engineering Drawing and Computer-Aided Design, Academy of Engineering & Technology (Southern Federal University);
- Union of Russian Artists, Rostov Oblast Branch;
- Union of Russian Artists, Taganrog Branch;
- Taganrog Childrens’ Art School named after Seraphima Blonskaya;
- Mr. Oleg Ignatov, the President of the Board of the Rostov branch of the Union of Russian Artists;
- Mr. Nikolay Livada, member of the Taganrog Branch of the Union of Russian Artists and Honored Cultural Worker of Russia;
- Ms. Marina Prikhod’ko, director of the Museum of Modern Art on Dmitrovskaya (Rostov on Don);
- Ms. Victoria Barvenko, member of the Taganrog Branch of the Union of Russian Artists;
- Mr. Yuri Smolin, member of the Taganrog Branch of the Union of Russian Artists, teacher at the Taganrog Chekhov Teachers’ College.
How to enter:
Download the art contest form / entry form (PDF format – requires the free Acrobat Reader from Adobe), and submit your completed entry to:
Foreign Relations Office
Taganrog Local Government
Ulitsa Petrovskaya 73
If you cannot print out this form for any reason, write to the address listed above or E-mail email@example.com to receive an official entry form, which lists all rules, requirements, and entry instructions. Be sure to include the name and address of where the entry information should be sent. Terms and Conditions of Art Contest Submissions
Participants: students of children’s art schools, schools of art, fine art studios, art clubs and individual amateur participants.
Age: The contest is open to children from all around the world from age 4 to 17 years.
- Portrait of Anton Chekhov;
- Illustrations to Anton Chekhov‘s works;
- Humor in Chekhov‘s works;
- Landscape in Chekhov‘s works;
- Taganrog – the home city of Anton Chekhov;
- Friendship between famous authors Anton Chekhov and Ivan Bunin. Style and Medium:
- Graphic art
- Painting (water-colors, gouache, tempera)
- Decorative and applied arts (ceramics, textile). Dimensions: 62 x 42.5 centimeters (40.4 x 16.7 inches) or smaller. Other:
- artwork should not be framed
- artwork should be signed on the backside (in PRINT characters, in English or in Russian): original work title; author’s first/last name; age; sex; mailing address; country; email; phone or fax
- (for classes, clubs, groups, educational institutions) name and address of the school, first/last name of the teacher
- the parcel with artwork(s) should bear the inscription: “WITHOUT COMMERCIAL VALUE”. Legal:
- Original artwork submitted with contest entry becomes the property of the contest organizers and cannot be returned.
- Participants assign all copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights in their submitted artwork to contest organizers.
- Winning artworks may be used in various programs aimed at popularization of children’s creativity.
- By submitting an entry, each contestant and his/her parent/legal guardian agree: they have read, understand and will comply with these official rules; and, or to the extent permitted by law, consent to the use of the Contestant’s name, likeness and/or biographical data for purposes of advertising and promotion by the organization committee, without further consent, compensation or approval. Number of works:
- Individual contestants may enter up to TWO works;
- Educational institutions may enter up to TEN works.
Artwork should be sent to: Foreign Relations Office Taganrog Local Government Ulitsa Petrovskaya 73 347900 Taganrog RUSSIA All entries must be postmarked by February 28, 2020. Notification of the art contest results: The winners will receive awards and diplomas in October 2020.Exhibition:The exhibition and the awards ceremony will open on May 29, 2020 at the Taganrog Chekhov Central Public Library on Ulitsa Petrovskaya 96. Awards:
- Grand Prize
- Winner diplomas
- Participant diplomas and certificates
The Organization Committee:
Mrs. Lyudmila Skrynnikova
Arts & Culture Council
Taganrog Local Government
Ulitsa Petrovskaya 73
RUSSIA Phone: +7(8634) 310538 or +7(8634) 310523
Web Site: www.taganrogcity.com