City Administration of Belgrade – Secretariat for Culture
and Children’s Cultural Centre Belgrade organise
The XIX International Drawing and Painting Competition Joy of Europe
This year’s International Drawing and Painting Competition, for the twentieth time since its foundation, invites children and young artists from all over the world to use their rich palette to enrich the international festival Joy of Europe.
Each year, awarded works speak of the authenticity of children’s art and creativity, sensitising both the audience and expert public to this form of artistic expression.
The competition is open to individuals, preschools, schools, children’s art studios, children’s cultural centres and similar children’s institutions and associations.
- The Competition is open to all children of the world from 4 to 18 years of age.
- No restrictions on theme or subject.
- Free choice of painting and drawing technique (pencil, gouasche, aquarelle, pastelle, ink, collage, combined techniques on paper…)
- Artwork should not be fitted or framed, and, because of possibility of damage, sculpture, ceramics, mosaic and works done in similar techniques will not be accepted.
- The artwork must not exceed the size of 500 x 700 mm.
- Individual participants may send up to three works in different techniques, and institutions and associations up to 20 works by different authors.
- Each artwork must have an eligibly filled out form/table (found as an attachment to this document below) pasted to its back.
- Participants are kindly requested to fill out the form/table on their computer and to provide and e-mail address.
ARTWORKS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE PROPOSITIONS OF THE COMPETITION WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO CONSITERATION!
Artwork must be original and self-made, created in 2017 or 2018, and must not have been previously exhibited at other international competition or exhibition.
Submitted artworks will not be returned.
Deadline for submissions is July 1st, 2018.
Send your works to:
Dečji kulturni centar Beograd, Takovska 8, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Jury of experts will choose entries for the exhibition and give out prizes in individual and group categories for five age groups:
I category includes children aged 4, 5 and 6
II category includes children aged 7, 8 and 9
III category includes children aged 10, 11 and 12
IV category includes children and youths aged 13, 14 and 15
V category includes youths aged 16, 17 and 18
The jury will also award a number of commendations.
Special awards will be given out to art teachers for innovative methodological approaches in nurturing and developing children’s artistic creativity.
Winners of first prizes for individuals in all five categories will be guests of the city of Belgrade and the International Gathering of Children of Europe Joy of Europe in the period between October 2nd and 5th, 2018. They will receive their awards at the grand opening of the exhibition that will take place on the 2nd of October 2018. The cost of accommodation will be covered by the organisers, while the prize winners will have to cover their own travel expenses.
Director of Children’s Cultural Centre Belgrade
Lidija Senicar, editor of the drawing and painting competition
Children’s Cultural Centre
Takovska 8, Belgrade
tel. +381 11/ 32 32 043, 011/ 32 42 011
fax +381 11/ 32 42 314
mobile: +381 60 167 33 45
e- mail: email@example.com